4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
1 Cup Olive Oil
1 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
½ Cup All-Purpose Flour
1 Cup Buffalo (fresh) Mozzarella Cheese
¼ Cup Basil
Salt & Pepper
*1 Cup of Smiles & Chuckles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Butterfly your chicken as shown on the show.
- Place plastic wrap on butterflied chicken and lightly pound with a meat mallet until breasts are ½ inch thick. Salt and pepper both sides.
- Have three empty bowls handy for dredging.
- Place flour in the first bowl, whisk 3 eggs together in the second bowl and place bread crumbs in the third bowl.
- Dip the chicken breast one at a time in flour first, eggs second and bread crumbs third; lightly pressing crumbs on both sides. Repeat for each breast and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat until hot.
- Place chicken breasts in hot oil until it browns on both sides. It’s okay if still pink in the middle as it will be finished in the oven.
- Spray baking sheet with vegetable oil or Pam spray. Place chicken on a dish and top each breast with ⅓ cup tomato sauce and equal amounts of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese starts to brown; roughly 15-20 minutes. A thermometer inserted in the center should read 165°.
- Take out of the oven after 15-20 minutes and sprinkle equal amounts of fresh basil and parmesan cheese on top.
TIP: Use a high-quality sauce
Roughly 500 calories per breast